What is NEET?
1. What is NEET-UG?
2. Why NEET?
3. What is the difference between AIPMT and NEET examination?
NEET is a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely 'National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses' in each academic year. AIPMT was conducted by CBSE for selection of candidates for admission to 15% seats under All India Quota. With the introduction of NEET, the said examination will replace AIPMT and other similar Under Graduate level Medical Entrance Examinations.
4. Who will be conducting NEET (UG)?
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2013-14. Other important organizations involved are:
5. How many colleges are participating in NEET-UG and how many seats are available?
A total of ~355 MBBS & ~300 Dental colleges have been listed by MCI, which will fall under the aegis of NEET 2013. These colleges shall offer a total of ~43,700 MBBS seats & ~24,800 Dental seats across India.
6. Whether the exam. will be offline or online?
NEET (UG)-2013 will be an offline pen and paper test.
7. What is the examination date for NEET 2013?
The date of examination is 5th May, 2013 (Sunday).
8. Will there be only single stage exam?
NEET will be a single stage exam.
9. What will be the syllabus of NEET (UG)?
The Question Papers for NEET shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical council of India which is available on website www.mciindia.org.
10. What will be the pattern of NEET? The Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 mark will be deducted from the total score. Thus, paper will be of total 180x4 = 720 marks.
11. What are the duration/timings of NEET?
The NEET will be of three hours from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
12. What is the official website of the Board for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)?
The official website of the Board for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is www.cbseneet.nic.in. All the examination related information will be available on this website.
13. How to fill up ‘online’ application form for NEET? Are there any guidelines for the students before filling the application form?
Application form for NEET-UG can be submitted only online through website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
14. How to remit fee for NEET-UG?
The examination fee for NEET-UG can be remitted in the following manner:
a. Online payment through Debit/Credit Card
b. Payment against Challan at the branches of Canara Bank/Syndicate
c. Bank/e-Post Office
15. How to find out the nearby CANARA BANK/SYNDICATE BANK/E-POST OFFICE for fee remittance?
The CBSE website will show the nearby E-POST OFFICE/CANARA BANK/SYNDICATE BANK branches to the candidates. The online application also has a provision to show nearby branches of BANKS and E-POST OFFICE if the candidate chooses to make payment by challan.
16. If a candidate for any reason not appearing or appeared in the exam, is there any fee refund provision?
No, after submission of the application form it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not be entertained.
17. What is the fee amount for NEET-UG, 2013?
Fee for candidates belonging to General category is Rs. 1000/- and for SC/ST/PH is Rs. 550/-
18. What is the eligibility for NEET-UG, All India Quota Seats and State Quota Seats?
19. What is the minimum and maximum age for appearing in NEET exam 2013?
20. What are the enclosures that should be attached with the confirmation page?
After submission of online application form, candidate is required to send duly completed and attested confirmation page of online application form and proof of fee paid to the CBSE.
21. If mistakenly during filling of the form, wrong particulars are filled in the online form, how it will be corrected?
There will be an option for ONE TIME online correction of personal particulars of candidates. However, candidate will not be allowed to correct CHOICE OF EXAM CENTRE, LANGUAGE OF QUESTION PAPER AND CHOICE OF SEATS under any circumstances.
22. If a candidate passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects from NIOS, whether he/she is eligible to appear for NEET.
23. If a student studied up to class 11th from CBSE Board from KSA/Abroad and class XII from CBSE School in India, will he/she be treated as NRI student or can she be eligible for state quota also through NEET.
Only Indian Nationals are Eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats. Eligibility for State Quota Seats is as per prevailing rules in the State/UT concerned. No State eligibility criteria will be applicable to the students who take admission under 15% All India Quota Scheme.
24. Is it compulsory to take Maths if I want to appear in NEET?
It is not necessary to take Maths to appear in NEET.
25. I have passed 12 class in the subjects of English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physical education and appeared/appearing for Biology subject from any other Board(s)/NIOS examination, will I eligible for NEET.
No, any examination equivalent to class XII passed from a recognized Board/University comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical test in these subjects and English is only eligible.
26. Whether score of class 12th will be given weightage to appear in NEET?
No, the minimum Eligibility criteria for NEET-UG is to pass the qualifying examinations with the minimum prescribed marks for each category of Students.
27. From which date the NEET 2013 forms will be available.
The Online Application for NEET-UG 2013 will be available on website www.cbseneet.nic.in from 1st December 2012.
28. Is the availability of forms will be online or it can be purchased from any bank or institution.
A candidate can only apply on-line by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in.
29. For how many attempts / numbers a student can appear for NEET?
There is no limit for number of attempts. However Eligibility for admission for MBBS/BDS courses will be subject to Medical Institutions/University.
30. How to send confirmation Page of Application Form of NEET-UG 2013.
The Confirmation Page along with the proof of original fee receipt issued by the Bank/Post Office may be sent by Speed Post or registered Post only.
31. Can one send confirmation page of online application through courier?
32. If a candidate born in USA and studied in India and holding OCI Card wants to apply for NEET 2013, is he/she is eligible for NEET 2013?
Yes. Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are Eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG).
33. What is the scheduled date for web hosting of Admit Cards for NEET exam 2013?
The schedule of hosting of Admit Cards is from 1st April, 2013 and 10th April, 2013.
34. When will be the result of NEET exam 2013 declared?
The tentative schedule of declaration of result of NEET – UG, 2013 is end of 1st week of June, 2013.
35. Whether AIPMT would take place in 2013?
36. How does one know the complete guidelines for NEET (UG)?
The Guidelines for NEET (UG)-2013 are available in the Information Bulletin for NEET (UG)-2013. Click Here To Download
37. What is All-India quota and State quota seats?
15% seats in Government Medical Colleges filled through the Counselling conducted by DGHS are All India quota seats. Seats filled through the counselling conducted by the State Counselling Authorities and Management Quota seats of Private Medical Colleges are under State Quota seats.
38. Will admission to AIIMS and JIPMER be through NEET from 2013 onwards?
No. Admission to AIIMS and JIPMER will be through the selection processes conducted by the Institutions concerned.
39. Will there be negative marking in NEET?
Yes. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 mark will be deducted from the total score.
40. What about the private universities? Are they accepting NEET score?
Except AIIMS and JIPMER admission to all other Medical and Dental Colleges is expected to be based on merit positions in the NEET.
41. Up to which date and how long a result of the student is valid for?
The result of successful candidates of NEET (UG) 2013 is valid for the academic session 2013-14 only.
42. Is there any helpline for NEET 2013 examination for the aspirants?
CBSE Toll Free No.18001 180 02, 011-22509256-57-59.
43. How does one know the status of acceptance of application form by the CBSE?
Information regarding receipt of duly attested and completed confirmation page of online Application Forms and proof of remittance of fee will be hosted from time to time on website www.cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates can check the status online.
44. Can anyone cancel the application submitted for NEET?
Application forms once submitted cannot be cancelled.
45. What do the candidates need to bring to the exam centre?
46. Will any candidate be able to leave early if he finishes the test before the allocated test time?
No, candidate will leave the examination hall/room before the test concludes.
47. How will one know, if he has been successful in the NEET-UG?
The result of NEET-UG will be uploaded on the CBSE website. The tentative schedule of declaration of result of NEET-UG, 2013 is end of 1st week of June, 2013.
48. How long is the result of a student valid?
The result of successful candidates of NEET (UG) 2013 is valid for the academic session 2013-14 only.
49. What is the evaluation procedure of the test?
50. If one does not get Admit Card, whom should he contact?
He can contact to NEET Examination Unit, CBSE at e-mail email@example.com, Fax No. 011-22509251 and also contact helpline number. However, candidates may contact CBSE only after 10th of April, 2013.
51. What is the qualifying criterion for NEET-UG?
52. What is the official website for counselling related information under 15% All India quota Seats?
All the counselling related information under 15% All India quota Seats will be available on the official website of the Directorate General of Health Services www.mohfw.nic.in.
53. What is the admission criterion for MBBS/BDS courses based on NEET-UG scores?